Blog Single Template
Wednesday, January 2nd, 2013
The Birky Challenge Ride
- Saturday, June 18, 7 am
- Holy Family Catholic Community Church, 271 4th St Way, Fond du Lac
- Choose from: 67 miles – 40 miles – 20 miles
- Proceeds of the 2022 ride will benefit the Wisconsin Rider’s charitable causes.
- More info on the website.
GROUP RIDES in the SUMMER and FALL 2022
In addition to this list, check out Fondy Area Cycling on Facebook for timely updates and weekend rides. Rides are canceled if raining or heavy winds.
Monday Morning – Loop Friends Ride
- Meet at the top of Golf Course Road by the water tower
- 7:30 am June through August; 8 am September
- Medium pace (14–16 mph). 23 miles to Johnsburg and back
- If you need to park your vehicle, use the Park n Ride off Winnebago Drive (before the 151 intersection), ride south on the Loop Prairie Trail until Golf Course Road where you will ascend the hill.
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday – Morning Misfits
- Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 5:15 am
- Meet at the intersection of 4th and Hwy K
- 18–20 mph
Tuesday – Attitude Sports Ride with Ben
The ride leaves from Attitude Sports, 209 N. Macy Street. Ride with one of the bike shop’s mighty mechanics. Ben takes the group out for 20–25 miles on a variety of scenic routes in the area. No one is left behind (no drop). For updates on the ride, go to Attitude Sports Cycling Club on Facebook.
- Pace: 14.5–16 mph
- Group leaves at 5:30 pm
Thursday – Lomira Ride
The ride leaves from the Park n Ride across from BP, off the Loop. By car, take V from Fond du Lac Avenue. Continue south on V until you get to the round-about. At the round-about, take first exit to BP station. Or, you can ride your bike south on the Loop until you get to the Park n Ride. Riders will meet at the Park n Ride lot opposite the BP station. 29.5-mile round trip to Lomira.
- Slower Pace Group leaves at 5 pm: 15–17 mph
- Faster Pace Group leaves at 5:30 pm: 18–20 mph