Looking to ride with others? See the opportunities below. Also check out Fondy Area Cycling on Facebook for timely updates.
Monday Morning – Loop Friends Ride
- Meet at north end of Prairie Trail Park and Ride
- 7 am, beginning on May 22
- Medium pace (14–16 mph): 17–23 miles toward Johnsburg and back
- Easy pace (under 13 mph): 8–12 miles on the Loop
Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday – Morning Misfits
- Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday, 5:15 am
- Meet at the intersection of 4th and Hwy K
- Saturday and Sunday rides (later departure): see Facebook Fondy Area Cycling, or if a Redline member, check email.
- 18–20 mph
Tuesday – Seven Hills Bike Group
- Challenging, intense ride for high-level, competitive cyclists.
- 18–20 mph
- Rides leave from the corner of 4th and K anywhere from 4–5:30 pm depending on daylight.
- See updated posts on Facebook: 7-hills Bike Ride
Cyclists wanting a less intense, slower paced Seven Hills Bike Group, please post on the Facebook page.
Wednesday Morning – Fond du Lac Senior Center Monthly Bike Rides
- Enjoy the outdoors with a wonderful group of people, while staying active! Rides start at 10:30 am. Open to Seniors and friends/relatives of all ages. A 50 cent donation is requested. Call 322-3630 to sign up. Bring water to stay hydrated and money if you would like lunch. Rain date is the following day.
- Wednesday, July 19 Meet at the Wild Goose Trail on Rolling Meadows Drive. Ride leaves at 10:30 am. We will ride six miles to Oakfield. While in Oakfield, you have the option of grabbing a burger if you wish. Rain date: July 20.
- Wednesday, August 16 Meet in Eden on Reagan Drive by the trail. Please call the Fond du Lac Senior Center (920) 322-3630 if you need directions. The ride will be a 10-mile minimum.
- Wednesday, September 20 Meet at the DeNeveu Shelter in Lakeside Park. Riders will decide on the route that day.
- Wednesday, October 18 TBA
Thursday – Lomira Ride, aka Fondy Worlds
Leaving from Buttermilk Creek Park, 31.5 mile round trip to Lomira.
- Pace: 20+mph
- Group leaves at 5:15 pm. This ride started in April and will continue through the summer.
- Pre-determined sprints during the last 8–10 miles. Starting after Brownsville, there are a series of town markers and stop-ahead signs where riders practice a sprint finish similar to a road or criterium bike race. (Average speed beginning to end at peak 22–24 mph)
- See the Facebook page Fondy Area Cycling
- Pace: 15–17 mph
- Group leaves at 5 pm, beginning on May 25.
- Contact: Evelyn McLean-Cowan; email@example.com
- Interested riders who would like to start a Level 2 or Level 4 Pace group, please email us.