Birky Challenge Ride
June 1, 2019
- The ninth Annual Birky Challenge bicycle ride honors fallen Fond du Lac Police Officer Craig Birkholz.
- Three routes to choose from: 67 miles, 40 miles, and 20 miles starting in Fond du Lac with course through the scenic
Kettle Moraine Forest on a paved roadway.
- More information is available on the Birky Challenge website.
GROUP RIDES in the SPRING, SUMMER, and FALL
Some of the group rides have started, but most will begin regularly in May. Check out Fondy Area Cycling on Facebook for timely updates and weekend rides.
Monday Morning – Loop Friends Ride
- Meet at north end of Prairie Trail Park and Ride; parking lot off Winnebago Drive before WH.
- 7am June through August, 7:30am September
- Medium pace (14–16 mph): 17–23 miles toward Johnsburg and back
- Easy pace (under 13 mph): 8–12 miles on the Loop
Monday Evening – Women’s Ride
- Looking for a group leader for this ride.
Tuesday through Friday – Morning Misfits
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 5:15 am
- Meet at the intersection of 4th and Hwy K
- 18–20 mph (Tuesday/Thursday are faster; Wednesday/Friday a bit slower)
Tuesday Evening – Ben’s Day-Off Ride
- Meet at Attitude Sports, unless posted differently. Be sure to check the Facebook page.
- 5:30 pm
- 15–16+ mph/no drop
- This is a welcoming ride for beginner to intermediate. No drop; you will not be left behind. Distance depends: we have people that want to ride 30 miles and we keep going or sometimes we’re all tired and just ride to get ice cream and go home. It depends on the day.
Tuesday Morning – Fond du Lac Senior Center Monthly Bike Rides
Call the Fond du Lac Senior Center to sign up 322-3630.
- Tuesday, May 14, 9:00 am
Wild Goose State Trail
Meet in the parking lot by the trail off of Rolling Meadows Drive
- Tuesday, June 11, 9:00 am
Mascoutin Valley State Trail
Meet at Target
Thursday – Lomira Ride–NEW MEETING PLACE!
(No longer departing from Buttermilk Creek Park.) Instead, the ride will be leaving from the Park n Ride across from BP, off the Loop. Take V from Fond du Lac Avenue. Continue south on V until you get to the round-about. At the round-about, take first exit to BP station. Riders will meet at the Park n Ride lot opposite the BP station.
30-mile round trip to Lomira.
- Pace: 18–20+mph
- Group leaves at 5:30 pm. This ride started in April and will continue through the summer.
- See the Facebook page Fondy Area Cycling
- Pace: 15–17 mph
- Group leaves at 5 pm, beginning on May 10.
- Contact: Evelyn McLean-Cowan: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Interested riders who would like to start a Level 2 or Level 4 Pace group, please contact us.